Monday, May 01, 2006

Hurting People

Someone told me this: "It's hard to remember that God loves the abuser too. Someone once said to me that only hurting people hurt people. It's terribly hard to remember that people who abuse others are terribly frightened, hurting and internally tortured people."

I was angry for a long time after I left my ex. I grew to realize he should be pitied and prayed for. He makes other people miserable because he is miserable. My dad told me something once I've never forgotten. He said that even when people hurt you by being mean and evil, be nice to them...This may be the best they'll ever get. At least I know I'll be in Heaven and have something nice to look forward to. They may not have that in the end. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. So I try to be especially nice to those I know aren't saved...they may remember it for eternity as the best they ever had.

****Thank you, Patrick...for being my inspiration today.****

No comments: