Saturday, May 20, 2006

Tolerance



Take the Tolerance Pledge:

Tolerance is a personal decision that comes from a belief that every person is a treasure. I believe that America's diversity is its strength. I also recognize that ignorance, insensitivity and bigotry can turn that diversity into a source of prejudice and discrimination.

To help keep diversity a wellspring of strength and make America a better place for all, I pledge to have respect for people whose abilities, beliefs, culture, race, sexual identity or other characteristics are different from my own.


To fulfill my pledge, I will

-examine my own biases and work to overcome them
-set a positive example for my family and friends
-work for tolerance in my own community
-speak out against hate and injustice.

We Share A World!

For all our differences, we share one world. To be tolerant is to welcome the differences and delight in the sharing.

No comments: