Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A House Full Of Love


A House Full Of Love - Surviving Abuse

I had to write this poem
In the quiet of the night
The kids are fast asleep
The kitchen is a fright,
But we had a pleasant day
No big dramas or disaster
Just a day of normalcy
Joking around and laughter.
Before I go to sleep
I will take the time to reflect
Of all the good in my life
Things I don’t want to forget.

Like our morning times of peace
There is no meanness here
We all are comfortable in this house
Not one of us lives in fear.
This truly is a blessing
Because not so long ago
I can remember terrible sadness
In a house that wasn’t so.

But our new house is filled with joy
None of us like to fight
We can just be who we are
Morning, noon and night.
No need to tip toe around
Because we may awaken him
The one who used to drink
And lived a life of sin.

Today I can smile bright
At Someone up above
Who decided it was time
We all lived in a house full of love.

Connie Webb

No comments: