Monday, July 03, 2006

Single Mom


As a single mom I have had my share of stress. I have been through it. Everybody assumes that finances are the number one struggle for single moms.

Although that is a real challenge and it can be devastating, the biggest thing I faced and still face is the constant decision making.

I was suddenly in charge of everything whether it be what to buy at the grocery store to what medical cares my sons needed. I felt totally overwhelmed with making decisions. I still do sometimes.

Sometimes I feel that I just don't have the energy to make the decisions and I wish someone would help me.

Lord, I thank you for this day.
I thank you for the single moms.
Draw them nearer to you.

Single moms, give the Lord the opportunity to prove Himself faithful to meet every need. He's ready, He's able, and He knows the way we take before we've been there.

We try to drum up temporal fix-its for ourselves all the time, and yet Christ has promised to be with us through our entire life's journey.

He's promised to never leave us nor forsake us and I think us single moms especially need to take Him up on that promise.

Bring a challenge before Him the right way saying, "You know, Lord, I am incapable of handling this circumstance, my life, anything I'm facing, and just ask Him and expect Him to meet the needs each and every day. He will do that.

If everyone in the U.S. had to be a single mom for six months, our citizens would learn a valuable lesson in courage, humility, and compassion. We'd probably be the country we pretend to be.

No comments: