Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lighthouse or Bust


There was a captain of a ship that was sailing on a dark, pitch-black night. The captain suddenly noticed a bright light directly in front of him, and he knew that his ship was on a collision course with the light.
He rushed to the radio and sent an urgent message demanding the vessel change its course ten degrees east.

A few seconds later, he received a message in return. The message said, "Cannot do it. Change your course ten degrees west."

The captain got angry. He sent another message, "I am a navy captain. I demand you change your course."

He received a message back :" I am a seaman second class. I cannot do it. You change your course."

The captain was now furious ! He sent his final message " I am a battleship and I am not changing my course !"

He got this message back " I am a lighthouse. It's your choice, sir."

No comments: