Monday, July 31, 2006

Desire For A Soul Mate


A friend wrote this to me when I was sad and felt alone...I wanted to share this with all of you because I think it is absolutely beautiful:

"As for the desire for a husband, I can tell you my Karen’s prayer, while she was waiting for me:

“Jesus, I want you to be sufficient for me - like a husband to me”

He was. For 20 years He was sufficient, while Karen remained single. And finally, when Karen was 42, we met. On AOL. Karen lived south of Chicago, me near Seattle. We fell in love via email, without ever seeing a picture of each other. Then we talked by phone. My God, her voice melted me. And finally we met when I flew to Chicago, Labor Day ‘96, and then every other weekend for a year until we could be married summer ‘97. We both knew very early on that this was it - the love we’d been looking for. And I think that is because WHEN you meet the person God has chosen (even made) for you, the love is ALREADY there - like you already know and love the person on some subconscious / deep level - and so the time you spend to gether is NOT for falling in love, rather, it’s for getting to know one another.

Our watch-verse, while we waited for each other, was the same:

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. ;)

Until the day God introduces you to HIS choice in a husband for you, I pray that Christ is sufficient for you."

Jack

No comments: