Friday, August 04, 2006

Too True


"Romantic love is mental illness. But it's a pleasurable one. It's a drug. It distorts reality, and that's the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw."
-Fran Lebowitz

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."
-Henry Kissinger

"A man may be a fool and not know it-but not if he is married."
-H.L. Mencken

"A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
A successful woman is one who can find such a man."
-Lana Turner

"Before marriage, a man declares that he would lay down his life to serve you.
After marriage, he won't even lay down his newspaper to talk to you."
-Helen Rowland

"In love, women are proffesionals; men are amateurs."
-Francois Truffaut

"I know many married men. I even know a few happily married men. But I don't
know one who wouldn't fall down the first open man-hole running after the
first pretty girl who gave him a wink."
-George Jean Nathan

"I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back."
-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"Men want a woman whom they can turn on and off like a light-switch."
-Ian Fleming

"When you're away, I'm restless, lonely,
Wretched, bored, dejected;
Only here's a rub, my darling dear,
I feel the same when you are here."
-Samuel Hoffenstein

"Marriage is a great institution.
But I'm not ready for an institution."
-Mae West

"Marriage is a bargain, and somebody has to get the worst of the bargain."
-Helen Rowland

"My husband and I have never considered divorce...
murder, sometimes, but never divorce."
-Dr. Joyce Brothers

"Women have to be twice as good as men at everything.
Fortunately this is not difficult."
-Charlotte Whitton

"You see an awful lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you
hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy."
-Erica Jong

"My mom said that the only reasons men are alive is for
lawn care and vehicle maintenance."
-Tim Allen

"In the sex-war, thoughtlessness is the weapon of the male,
vindictiveness of the female."
-Cyril Connolly

"The ironic side effect of women having abandoned their
priviledged status as 'ladies' is that they are now in danger
of being as revolting as men, and accordingly treated,
by men, as nothing special."
-Quentin Crisp

"Women have more imagination than men.
They need it to tell us how wonderful we are."
-Arnold H. Glasgow

"What woman wants, God also wants."
-Old French Proverb

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence."
-H.L. Mencken

"Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry."
-Gloria Steinem

"I married beneath me-all women do."
-Nancy Astor

"Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the
answer, sex raises some pretty good questions."
-Woody Allen

"I don't think I'll get married again.
I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house."
-Lewis Grizzard

"When you consider what a chance women have to poison their husbands,
it's a wonder there isn't more of it done."
-Kin Hubbard

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you will become happy.
If you get a bad one, you will become a philosopher."
-Socrates

"I'm furious at the Women's lib. They keep getting up and proclaiming
that women are brighter than men. That's true, but it should be kept
very quiet or it ruins the whole racket."
-Anita Loos

No comments: