Tuesday, March 05, 2013

What It Takes To Be a Survivor

I always wondered: what makes some be survivors and some be victims?  There is a difference.  I think I've compiled a pretty good list of what I've discovered along the way: what it takes to be a survivor. I'd love to hear any other things you think I should add to the list.

What It Takes To Be a Survivor:

1.) A positive attitude.

2.) Optimism, even during pain, guilt and death.

3.) A spiritual relationship with an eternal Creator.

4.) Brief moments of inner reflection and solitude.

5.) A sense of humor and ability to laugh at oneself's situation and person.

6.) Hope in a better future, either in this life or the next.

7.) Inner freedom, even when in outer bondage.

8.) Imagination/Creativity.

9.) Psychological detachment when necessary.

10.) Steely resolve to never give up.

11.) Deep love of someone or something, a love greater than of self.

12.) Finding beauty in nature, art, poetry, and literature.

13.) Striving/Struggling for a worthwhile goal.

14.) Positive energy.

15.) Finding simple pleasures: a look, a sunset, etc.

16.) Being proactive.  Questioning what one does not understand.

17.) Curiosity and inquisitiveness, especially about what may happen next.  A sense of adventure.

18.) Belief in personal worth.  Confidence that you have something valuable and unique to offer the world, and knowing you deserve better than abuse or disrespect.

19.) ****The most important skill I've seen is the ability to recognize freedom of choice in response and in attitude.

Just remember, you CAN move from being a victim to being a survivor.  The choice is up to you.  Hopefully, this list will provide a good place to start. 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello to every one out here, Am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me,My name is CONNORS BELLA , I live in London,UK , married to JORGE CONNORS. we got married for more than 11 years and have gotten two kids. thing were going well with us and we are always happy. until one day my husband started to behave in a way i could not understand, i was very confused by the way he treat me and the kids. later that month he did not come home again and he called me that he want a divorce, i asked him what have i done wrong to deserve this from him, all he was saying is that he want a divorce that he hate me and do not want to see me again in his life, i was mad and also frustrated do not know what to do,i was sick for more than 2 weeks because of the divorce. i love him so much he was everything to me without him my life is incomplete. i told my sister and she told me to contact a spell caster, i never believe in all this spell casting of a thing. i just want to try if something will come out of it. i contacted DR IMONAH for the return of my husband to me, they told me that my husband have been taken by another woman, that she cast a spell on him that is why he hate me and also want us to divorce. then they told me that they have to cast a spell on him that will make him return to me and the kids, they casted the spell and after 1 week my husband called me and he told me that i should forgive him, he started to apologize on phone and said that he still live me that he did not know what happen to him that he left me. it was the spell that he DR IMONAH casted on him that make him come back to me today,me and my family are now happy again today. thank you DR IMONAH for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact DR IMONAH ,if you need his help you can contact him through his private mail:(drimonahspiritualtemple@yahoo.com) or you can call him through his phone number:(+234710648910) today and you will see that your problem will be solved .

Unknown said...

Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters ,friends ,I want to say that i am so happy today because I am free from the disease/virus of Herpes, My name is NICOLE TRINITY from USA , I have been having Herpes since the past two years now, and I have pass through many different processes in getting cured from the diseases virus of HSV2 but nothing was working out, a friend of mine on Facebook introduce me to DR ODIGIE , that he is the only one who can helped me get cured from my Herpes and any other diseases i may have , so I contacted him and have faith on him, All thanks to the gods of DR ODIGIE , after sending me the herbal medicines which he has prepared for me, my life get transformed and everything was fine and Okay with me, till now I have been going to check up and its now going to four months now I am still negative. All thanks Goes to DR ODIGIE and My Friend for what she has done for me and my family... if you are sick i will advice you to contact DR ODIGIE now by emailing him on his private mail at:(drodigiesolutiontemple@yahoo.com) HIS THERE WAITING TO HELP ANYONE IN NEED OF HIS HELP ANY TIME ANY DAY...