Wednesday, December 13, 2006

God Can Use You


The next time you feel like GOD can't use you, just remember...

Noah was a drunk.

Abraham was too old.

Isaac was a daydreamer.

Jacob was a liar.

Leah was ugly.

Joseph was abused.

Moses had a stuttering problem.

Gideon was afraid.

Samson had long hair and was a womanizer.

Rahab was a prostitute.

Jeremiah and Timothy were too young.

David had an affair and was a murderer.

Elijah was suicidal.

Isaiah preached naked.

Jonah ran from God.

Naomi was a widow.

Job went bankrupt.

Peter denied Christ.

The Disciples fell asleep while praying.

Martha worried about everything.

The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once.

Zaccheus was too small.

Paul was too religious.

Timothy had an ulcer.

... AND

Lazarus was dead!

Now! No more excuses!

God can use you to your full potential.

Besides you aren't the message, you are just the messenger.

In the Circle of God's love, God's waiting to use your full potential.

1. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

2. Dear God, I have a problem, it's Me.

3. Growing old is inevitable.. . growing UP is optional.

4. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

5. Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.

6. Do the math... count your blessings.

7. Faith is the ability to not panic.

8. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.

9. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.

10. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home everyday.

11. Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

12. The most important things in your house are the people.

13. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.

15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

Have a great day!!! The SON is shining and he can certainly use you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog was such a blessing
I have just come through the hardest time of my life, a delayed miscarriage, my boyfriend is on the other side of the world and my grandmas having health problems. I was so upset with God, dejected, depressed and hurt, I wasn't really letting anyone into how I felt and I decided to fix myself so I would stop letting rejection rule my relationship with my Bf, so I googled on ideas how to get over it and my fears and this blog came up and I just spent two days poring over your wisdom. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

God has the answers....I read through these comments. I identify with the loss and the sadness. I too have been emotionally abused. I recall the humilation the first time I went to a support group for abuse victims. I learned that being a woman was a good thing. I see that my marriage isn't working and my spouse's need to control obstructs love...My love has withered...The weight of time presses on and my life will pass me by. What do I want for it? God I pray for courage and direction so I can too post an independence day. Life's too short...thanks for listening.

Anonymous said...

This made me smile. I loved this blog. I have been thru alot the past 2 1/2 with being abused from my ex and a traggic accident happening and him dying. it was very ruff on both of our families. I have learned to leave everything up to god. He is here to protectme and use me to help others. I know the day will come when i will be able to stand infront of other woman and enpower them and let them know there's life after abuse. In my case of being attacked and almost killed somehow it went on my ex and he died. I do wish he was still here so he could answer my questions as to why? and let the truth be known. but god knows which is all that matters. At first after all this happened i felt liek god hates me because I let this man abuse me and get to the point where he lost his life all because of me letting it all happen. but i grown from that and now know that god has a plan for us all and that he loves us all and things happen for a reason. This is supose to make me strong and more confident. I love myself for once.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I read your comment, I understand. I have to been abused as well, and there is someone that does not get the hint! I feel he punished me financially and when he punishes me he punishes my kids as well and this man is a stranger and I don't know him. He seems to work through opther people and it seems that he wants to get me in a why where it is going to hurt me. I have been through so much abuse in my life and I know that he knows that but continues to cast his shadow over me and find ways to threatend me. I feel that I am walking on egg shells and he is never going to get it! Just because I am kind and good heart he is taking it like I am interested in him. I feel like going to the police eventually people will find out about him.

oinvu4uraqt said...

Thank you so much for your input! I made this blog to encourage me. I don't feel so alone when others post.